Introduce Yourself

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
chongjasmine
57 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by chongjasmine »

Hello, I am chongjasmine from Singapore.
I like to watch animation.

AudreyMedia
48 Ratings

Post by AudreyMedia »

I am Audrey. I am a reserved person and live in rural North Carolina. Not exactly a cinephile but I have an interest in watching "arty"-er stuff and smarter media in general. I have a preference for tonally melancholic science fiction

EdwardMatt@1
0 Ratings

Post by EdwardMatt@1 »

Hello everyone, hope you all are doing well! My name is Edward Matthew, and although I'm not new to this forum, I've recently activated my presence here. It's a pleasure to join all of you movie enthusiasts. I have always been captivated by the world of cinema, and my passion lies in watching movies that transport me to extraordinary realms of imagination.

When it comes to my favorite genres, science fiction and thrillers hold a special place in my heart. There's something truly exhilarating about exploring futuristic worlds, encountering advanced technology, and pondering the limitless possibilities of scientific breakthroughs. The blend of suspense, mystery, and unexpected twists in thrillers never fails to keep me on the edge of my seat, eagerly anticipating what lies around the corner.

I believe that movies have the power to evoke emotions, spark discussions, and broaden our perspectives. They allow us to escape reality for a while, immersing ourselves in compelling stories, unforgettable characters, and breathtaking visual effects. Through this forum, I'm excited to engage in conversations, exchange recommendations, and discover hidden gems that might have slipped under my radar.

Let's embark on this cinematic journey together, exploring the vast and ever-expanding universe of movies. I look forward to connecting with fellow movie lovers, sharing our thoughts, and diving into exciting discussions that celebrate the magic of the silver screen. :D :D

NIV7
2838 Ratings

Post by NIV7 »

Hello everyone!

I am a horror junkie and with the enshittification of online, it seemed like it was time to retvrn to forum days. I am here almost entirely to find another person or two who loves & hates many of the same horror movies as me (or is pretty close), and maybe just a bunch of other people who love watching horror movies.

Fun Fact #1: I am desperate to get a full-screen version of the TCI for profiles so I can see all of the matches/comparisons at once instead of scrolling thru the tiny side container. Nothing here is labeled intuitively and searching the forums has proved fruitless. Is there a button or link I'm missing? Feel free to message me instead of replying.

Fun Fact #2: I am absolutely thrilled to be able to find users by ratings!!! I was on reddit going post-by-post thru extra tools and peoples' side projects until this site got recommended. I can have a very, very brusque manner of speaking but I am truly overjoyed to have found this place!

Fun Fact #3: I'm really more of a lurker so I probably won't post much, but my personal goal is to watch every horror movie (subquest: find all the good hand-cam/found-footage ones), so at some point I'll find some groups or threads or whatever et cetera — if horror is your thing pls HMU!

Fun Fact #4: This is the third night in two weeks that I haven't been able to sleep (which is how I end up watching so many movies) so pardon me if I seem unhinged.

BadCosmonaut
4460 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

NIV7 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:44 am
...Fun Fact #1: I am desperate to get a full-screen version of the TCI for profiles so I can see all of the matches/comparisons at once instead of scrolling thru the tiny side container. Nothing here is labeled intuitively and searching the forums has proved fruitless. Is there a button or link I'm missing? Feel free to message me instead of replying...
Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.criticker.com/tcis/

geohawk
1455 Ratings

Post by geohawk »

I think they are referring to the box on a user's profile that lists the "films in common"/"totally agree"/"totally don't". That would be nice to be able to expand that.

NIV7
2838 Ratings

Post by NIV7 »

geohawk wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 5:54 pm
I think they are referring to the box on a user's profile that lists the "films in common"/"totally agree"/"totally don't". That would be nice to be able to expand that.
This is exactly what I wanted more of, and I posted while exploring, so I found out there is some UI/UX upheaval happening, and did not want to edit it + I'm new + I'm waiting for things to settle, so the TCIS link was helpful (I hadn't found that page yet (thanks BC!) but what I actually want is something like the MyAnimeList "Affinity to You" where everything we've both rated is listed with the ratings next to each other.

It's imminent! (I hear 😎 )

Malcym
5813 Ratings

Post by Malcym »

Hello!

Malcolm, from the UK but also lived for quite a few years in Singapore. I've been a Criticker user for a long, long time, always been fond of this site and am glad it's still going...

Louis8ball
0 Ratings

Post by Louis8ball »

Hello,

I am new here.

This is my first post.

Right now I am wondering if it would be OK for me to post a screenshot from a movie, and see if anyone here can identify the name of it.

I figured I'd ask first, since it might go against the terms & conditions to do this type of thing.

Thanks in advance :)