Bug Fixes - April 28

This is where you'll find information about updates to the site -- new features we've introduced, bugs we've fixed, and anything else which might be of interest to the community!
mpowell
1201 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Bug Fixes - April 28

Post by mpowell »

Hi all! We've just checked out a new batch of fixes to Criticker. Thanks again for reporting all of these!

Don't need Seen It highlighting on own ratings
This was a silly one. When you're in the Film Database, Criticker highlights titles you've seen. But we obviously don't need that highlight when you're looking at your own ratings.

Eliminate duplicated filmmakers
There had been a bunch of people added multiple times to our database, with the exact same name. We've cleaned up the logic which dictates how filmmakers are added, so this should no longer happen.

A Recent Mini-Review without reviews
In the sidebar, our little widget that shows a recent review at random, was sometimes showing "empty" reviews. This should no longer be happening!

Link to Full List of Submissions doesn't work
This wasn't happening for all users, but some were seeing a blank page when trying to get to all of their submissions. That should be fixed!

Trailer continues to play after tab switch
If you were watching a trailer and then switched to a new tab, the trailer was continuing to play, which is not the desired behavior.

Games section sorting by Film TCIs
Criticker was correctly showing the Game-based TCI, but sorting by the Film-based TCI. It's working properly now.

As always, please let us know if any of these fixes don't seem to be working!

Moribunny
5558 Ratings

Re: Bug Fixes - April 28

Post by Moribunny »

For some reason I can no longer see the date rated on my recent ratings page. On both mobile and desktop

DecanusEllis
1467 Ratings

Post by DecanusEllis »

Moribunny wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:24 pm
For some reason I can no longer see the date rated on my recent ratings page. On both mobile and desktop
Same for me and also other peoples profiles as well.

JonSmith
980 Ratings

Post by JonSmith »

Moribunny wrote:
Same

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

JonSmith wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 12:47 am
Moribunny wrote:
Same
This should now be fixed!