a young woman communicates with her dead father through video recordings of himself he had left her before he died

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
passerby
Your TCI: na

a young woman communicates with her dead father through video recordings of himself he had left her before he died

Post by passerby »

I believe the movie is from the 80s/90s. The movie revolves around a young, redhead lady whose father left her video recordings of himself, since he had known he is about to pass away. He apparently created kind of an AI software which recognizes spoken communications of his daughter. So, she communicates with her dead father by talking to a screen, and her father answers her from the screen with the right video recording of himself. The videos include personal messages as well as practical instructions for her day to day life. I remember specifically that the daughter is saying to the screen "I miss you", and there comes a recording of her father comforting her. 

I don't remember anything else about the film unfortunately, other than some vague notion that the woman might have been in danger, maybe somebody wanted to kill her.

That's all, thanks for your help in advance.