A Full-Width Layout for Criticker, and More!

This is where you'll find information about updates to the site -- new features we've introduced, bugs we've fixed, and anything else which might be of interest to the community!
P u l p
Your TCI: na

Re: A Full-Width Layout for Criticker, and More!

Post by P u l p »

As a dedicated Criticker member of 11 years, visiting the site has been an integral part of my daily routine. However, the recent changes to the layout have noticeably altered the experience, and I find myself feeling a sense of discomfort and unfamiliarity while navigating the new design. The joy and satisfaction I once derived from my daily visits seem to have diminished, and I hope to rediscover that connection as I continue to explore the updated platform.

Ramy

Post by Ramy »

Ramy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:36 pm
Bug 1: The average rating per country graph has disappeared.

Bug 2: Blocked users are appearing in Ratings & Reviews

Bug 3: Image

On the forums page:
- not full-width like the rest of Criticker
- username and number of ratings appear twice
- You, Explore, and Resources are smaller than Forums and Games

Bug 4: When you go to another user's ratings page and click on their score for a film, it opens a box for you to edit your own score/review, instead of opening a box showing theirs.

Bug 5: On my own profile page, clicking on "show more" under Recent Ratings does nothing but add white space.

Bug 6: Percentiles 75+ used to be dark green, but they are light green for percentiles 75 to 80(?) for all users.
Bug 7: On any movie page, when you click on "Suggest an edit" --> select any kind of update --> clicking on "Additional Updates" doesn't do anything.

stsakiri4

Post by stsakiri4 »

Where is the average rating of my kumpels??

DecanusEllis

Post by DecanusEllis »

I understand the logic of this layout update, but I find its implementation quite ineffective.

My eyes and assumedly most people's eyes are not comfortable with the information being shown to them from all edges of the screen. It's so weirdly taxing to be looking to the left for something, and then darting your vision all the way to the right for another thing.

Even Letterboxd has most of its content centred with significant gaps to the left and right, and the same goes for a lot of IMDb's page formatting. I honestly cannot think of many websites where stuff is spread out the way it is in this new update.

There's no real need for much of the content to be spread across the entire page, it just makes browsing the website an unnecessarily arduous task.

mpowell

Post by mpowell »

A number of people had pointed out a bug, where we weren't showing the information for Games -- genres, publishers, developers, etc.

We've now fixed that! All the information that you previously had available is there once again. Thanks for pointing this out... it was a pretty glaring oversight, and I've given myself 5 lashings for it.

mpowell

Post by mpowell »

djross wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:04 am
On the Forum page, the drop menu/buttons for You, Explore and Resources are in a much smaller font than Forums and Games.

Also, the part that says my user name, how many ratings I have, and the sign out button are in the centre and beneath the "News" line, rather than on the right hand side at the top as usual on other pages.

Viewing on Safari on desktop.
We've fixed up some of the Forum styling issues. If you wouldn't mind taking a look, could you let us know if they persist?

The problem with the "username/signout" box being center-aligned is one that should be solved by clearing your browser cache. We were able to get that solved for someone else, this way... could you give that a shot?

mpowell

Post by mpowell »

MacSwell wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:49 pm
... plus getting ads on the forum again
This one should be fixed!! Big apologies to all our wonderful Criticker Sponsors!

mpowell

Post by mpowell »

BadCosmonaut wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:56 pm
All of the users I have blocked are still showing up in the infinite ratings list. Like all the IMDB accounts and such.
Ramy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:36 pm
Bug 2: Blocked users are appearing in Ratings & Reviews
This one should be fixed now! Please let us know if they're still appearing in your Ratings Lists!

Skavau

Post by Skavau »

I don't know if you caught this one, but I can't open new private messages either. I can see them and read them via an e-mail alert - but I can't clear my "1 new message".

Skavau

Post by Skavau »

In the "Suggest an edit" menu, clicking "Additional Updates" for specific requests isn't working at the moment.