Multiple new bugs

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
Victoriouz
Your TCI: na

Multiple new bugs

Post by Victoriouz »

• Tried adding a tv show but I'm getting an error
An error was detected in your submission.

Message: Unable to copy /tmp/phprqzhbr into the upload directory
I'm assuming there's an issue with the poster submission. Tried different file sizes (426kb, 504kb, 132kb) and dimensions (2000x3000 px, 680x1000 px)

• When trying to add a title to a franchise via the film/tv show's page, the form doesn't show up

• With the new layout, we now have 100 fully visible similar titles, even though the sponsor page states that's a sponsor-only feature

mpowell

Re: Multiple new bugs

Post by mpowell »

Victoriouz wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:40 am
• When trying to add a title to a franchise via the film/tv show's page, the form doesn't show up
Thanks so much for submitting these! We'll get to all of them as soon as we can, and update you here. For now, we've fixed this one, I believe -- let us know if it's still causing problems!

mpowell

Post by mpowell »

Victoriouz wrote:

I'm assuming there's an issue with the poster submission. Tried different file sizes (426kb, 504kb, 132kb) and dimensions (2000x3000 px, 680x1000 px)
I believe this one should now be fixed! Let us know if it's still causing problems!

Victoriouz

Post by Victoriouz »

Thank you!

A few more I haven't seen reported on other posts yet:

• On the submission preview page, the poster doesn't appear anymore

• Not sure if it's just me or this one message specifically, but I can't open my most recent message; the first message on the second page loads successfully, and the arrows inside the messages work fine except if I try going back from the second most recent message to the first

• Not new but I keep forgetting to report this; on the Watch Journal page, the share button shows the link "https://www.criticker.com/profile/journal/2024/" which would bring us to our own journals; the link should be something like https://www.criticker.com/profile/USERNAME/journal/[year/month selected]
Also I just noticed people's journals aren't viewable by non-registered/logged in members, not sure if that's intentional

EDIT:
• TV show creators aren't listed anymore on the shows' pages, only directors/writers

geohawk

Post by geohawk »

mpowell wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:36 am
Victoriouz wrote:

I believe this one should now be fixed! Let us know if it's still causing problems!
Still seeing this on the Games side.
An error was detected in your submission.

Message: Unable to copy /tmp/phpEqi2fX into the upload directory
Last edited by geohawk on Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Victoriouz

Post by Victoriouz »

• The spoiler function on the forums sometimes won't work
Spoiler!
or it didn't when i tried using it on another thread, but it did when I sent this. weird
• On the Collections page, when we expanded any collection on the "(+)" link, a poster of the most recent title added to it appeared on the right side of the box, but now there's nothing.
(I also think it specified what the most recent title was in text form but I'm not 100% sure, but if that's also gone I assume it's intentional - unlike posters which are having some issues with the new layout)

mpowell

Post by mpowell »

Victoriouz wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:06 pm
• On the submission preview page, the poster doesn't appear anymore
This should be fixed! Thanks for submitting it ... we'll get to your other reported bugs soon :)

mpowell

Post by mpowell »

Victoriouz wrote:
• Not new but I keep forgetting to report this; on the Watch Journal page, the share button shows the link "https://www.criticker.com/profile/journal/2024/" which would bring us to our own journals; the link should be something like https://www.criticker.com/profile/USERNAME/journal/[year/month selected]
Also I just noticed people's journals aren't viewable by non-registered/logged in members, not sure if that's intentional
Awesome catch -- yeah, it should work exactly the way you describe. And it does now! Also, it was definitely not intentional for guests to not be able to access other user's journals ... that was kind of destroying the whole idea of sharing these in the first place!

Please check it out, and let us know if there are still problems. Thanks again for reporting these things!

mpowell

Post by mpowell »

Victoriouz wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:16 pm
• On the Collections page, when we expanded any collection on the "(+)" link, a poster of the most recent title added to it appeared on the right side of the box, but now there's nothing.
(I also think it specified what the most recent title was in text form but I'm not 100% sure, but if that's also gone I assume it's intentional - unlike posters which are having some issues with the new layout)
This has been fixed! It wasn't intentional, but the same typo had prevented the display of the Latest Title information, along with the poster. Thanks for reporting this!

Victoriouz

Post by Victoriouz »

mpowell wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:49 am
Victoriouz wrote:
Awesome catch -- yeah, it should work exactly the way you describe. And it does now! Also, it was definitely not intentional for guests to not be able to access other user's journals ... that was kind of destroying the whole idea of sharing these in the first place!

Please check it out, and let us know if there are still problems. Thanks again for reporting these things!
• Viewing someone else's journal shows us our own stats (like I see "Criticker Zealot - 11493 Ratings / Member Since: 18 Sep 2015 / Location: Brazil" when opening up yours, or 0 ratings / Member since [today's date] if I'm not logged in)