Surreal film, female protagonist, little dialogue, 2010s

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
kokmako
Your TCI: na

Surreal film, female protagonist, little dialogue, 2010s

Post by kokmako »

Hi, I can't remember anything specific about a movie (Title, Year of release, Director) and I'm obsessed with it. Saw it once at least 5 years ago.

The film revolves almost entirely around a female fashion model or actress. We follow her as she goes from location to location. She wears very weird costumes and could be a model or a double for movies which use a lot of green-screen or special effects. None of it is explicitly explained. The visuals are surreal, there is very little dialogue, the plot is hard to piece together and the aesthetics in general are futuristic (but it's not a science fiction film set in the future, it's contemporary).

I believe the ending includes red rooms, places where snuff films are supposedly made.

In short, a surreal, partly experimental thriller, filmed during the 2010s, US, Canada or Europe, female protagonist, horror elements, transgressive when it comes to themes but not really explicit.

Would really appreciate any help, thanks

FlorVdE
Your TCI: na

Re: Surreal film, female protagonist, little dialogue, 2010s

Post by FlorVdE »

Could be The Neon Demon, from my own vague memory.