A draggable modal

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
Scholar69420
835 Ratings
Your TCI: na

A draggable modal

Post by Scholar69420 »

Sure, I can get why entering a review is now done with a modal - it frees up space on the title page that would otherwise sit blank. These things are good for filling in forms, ok. That said, the modal is not a perfect solution and comes with its own problems. The biggest of these is that it obscures important information behind it. Two ways this can be mitigated.

1. Like much of the new title information page, there's a lot of unnecessary blank space. Optimise the design to be more space efficient, make it smaller/compact. This is a modal problem especially, since it obscures whatever is behind it.

2. Allow the modal to be draggable. Let me move the modal out of the centre of the screen, so that I can read the information it otherwise obscures.

mpowell
1201 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: A draggable modal

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for these suggestions! Making the modal draggable is something we actually have on our list of feature enhancements to work on, as we agree -- this would make it a lot easier to see information that might be otherwise obscured